Monday, April 30, 2012

Eurovision 2012 Acoustic Style

I love acoustic music, and quite frankly who doesn't.  Heck, back when MTV actually showed music, "Unplugged" was one of my favorite shows.  So when a few of the contestants put out acoustic versions, I jumped all over that.

First of is Sabina Babayeva (Azerbaijan) who gives "When the Music Dies" a little flamenco flair.  It doesn't have the same power notes as the official version, but her voice is just gorgeous.


Iris (Belgium) also shines in "Would You."  I really think it suits her voice a lot better, and the entire song seems a bit sweeter and less generic pop.


Roman Lob (Germany) gives yet another swoon-worthy performance of "Standing Still."  I swear, if this song played on American radio, people would think it was the new single by The Fray.


And as a bonus, here's the acoustic version of last year's winner, Ell & Nikki's "Running Scared" (Azerbaijan).  There's harmony in that song I never knew existed before!

No comments:

Post a Comment